The following information is provided to assist you when moving into your new home and for the ongoing relationship with your Property Manager.

Contacting Your Property Manager

Direct all correspondence to your Property Manager in writing, with our preference via email. Please call for any urgent matters. Also advise your Property Manager if you update your telephone number or email address throughout your tenancy. There are various reasons you may need to be contacted throughout your tenancy, so this information is vital.

Rental Payments

Our preferred method of rental payment is via electronic funds transfer via internet banking


Your bond will be lodged with the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA) electronically. The bond is held as security against any damage or undue wear and tear. The bond will be refunded promptly after you vacate, provided the property is left as close as possible to the condition as when the Tenancy Agreement commenced and there are no monies owing for rent or other items to be finalised. Please note we have 14 days in which to finalise this so please be patient.

Property Condition As Inspected

Renter/s acknowledge that they have inspected the condition of the property and lease the property ‘as inspected’. There will be no changes to the property unless already discussed at the time of application. Please refer to the Maintenance section of this form on how to make additional requests.

Renters Contents Insurance

It is your responsibility to insure your personal possessions. Any damage caused to your possessions from water/mould/fire etc or theft are not covered by rental provider insurance. We strongly urge you to have your own insurance policy that includes damage caused to fixtures and fittings such as bathroom/kitchen cabinets, carpet or floorboards from flooding caused accidently by renters.

Portable Heaters

No portable Kerosene heaters, Oil Burning heaters or similar kind are to be keep or used at or within the premises.


Pets are not permitted on the property unless you have given your rental provider or agent a completed Pet request form. This then needs to be approved by both the rental provider and Owners Corporation before the pet is allowed to be kept at the property (you may also be required sign a “pet agreement”). Your rental provider can only refuse a pet request if the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) orders that it is reasonable to do so. A pet means any animal except an assistance dog (a dog trained to help a person with a disability). The below link provides additional information you may require regarding your rights


Mould, moisture on walls, ceilings or windows, or condensation, results from not getting enough air flow through the inside of your apartment or house. Increase airflow by opening windows more often, especially in the bathroom and kitchen. When a tumbler dryer is in use at the premises, it is important sufficient ventilation is maintained. Any damage caused due to you the renter not ventilating, where it is possible, will be at the renter’s expense. Where possible, doors leading to the kitchen are to be closed and kitchen windows open when cooking with high aroma and oily foods.

Change of Occupants / Renter Transfer

The rental provider has approved the tenancy in the names of all parties on the Lease Agreement. If there are any changes to the tenancy our office must be advised in writing by all parties of the Agreement. Any new renters going in must be approved by the rental provider prior to moving in. Please follow the below steps:

  • All renters to provide written notice to the agent that they all agree to the changes taking place
  • Any new applicants must fill out an application form and be approved before moving in
  • A rental provider or agent cannot charge a fee for consenting to an assignment or sublease. However they can charge a fee for the preparation of a written assignment/transfer of a tenancy agreement (which is noted in your lease)
  • Once the above steps have been completed, paperwork will be sent for all parties to sign

The transfer has not legally taken place until the paperwork is returned and signed by all parties.  If no new renters are going in, the renter/s remaining in the property must provide proof of income that they can afford to take on the property without the other renter/s.  We suggest you provide the current Lease Agreement & Property Condition Report to any new renters going in to look through as they will be signing to take on the responsibility and paying towards the current bond held on the property. If any outgoing renters have caused damage to the property, we suggest you make sure it is fixed otherwise renters remaining at the end of the tenancy will be responsible and money may be deducted from the bond. The RTBA will not release partial funds of the bond so the outgoing renter/s must be paid their share of the bond by ingoing renter/s or continuing renter/s and only the names/signatures on the bond will change.


Halfapercent Real Estate generally retains a duplicate set of keys to all properties for emergency access, maintenance to be carried out and routine inspections. Under special circumstances and upon producing identification, the keys can be borrowed during office hours, but must be returned within twenty-four (24) hours. This service is not available out of office hours or on public holidays. It would therefore be advisable that you also make private arrangements regarding the location of a spare key, should you inadvertently lock yourself out. In most instances the lock combinations to external doors and gates have not been changed prior to your tenancy. You are permitted to change the locks during your tenancy however you must supply our office with a copy of the new key.

Routine Inspections

During the course of your tenancy, the premises will be inspected periodically by your Property Manager after the required notice has been given. Routine Inspections are currently carried out every six months (and this may change dependent on legislative changes) and you will have your first inspection after the first three months. You will be sent a letter prior to advising of a day and timeframe that we will be attending. If your property has an alarm, please switch it off on the day of the inspection.  If you wish for it to be on then please advise your Property Manager prior to the inspection that the alarm will be on and provide the alarm code.

Smoke Detectors

Please advise your Property Manager immediately if you suspect your smoke alarms are not working or have any concerns regarding the smoke alarms in your property.

No Smoking Inside

Smoking inside the premises is not permitted. All cigarette butts and ash is to be placed in an appropriate receptacle.


Residential noise is any unwanted sound from a residential property and its surroundings that impacts on adjoining neighbours and should definitely not occur between 10.00 pm and 7.00 am and at all times it is important to show consideration to all neighbours relating to excessive noise.  

See EPA information on the below web link

Condition Report

This document establishes the condition of the property (based on a visual inspection) at the commencement of your tenancy and is the basis on which your bond is refunded. You legally have a fixed period as noted in your lease from the date of commencement to check and make any adjustments if necessary. Please ensure you sign and initial where required and return the original copy to us, keeping the duplicate copy for your records. If your copy is not returned on time, the original on file will stand

Please note the Condition Report is NOT a formal maintenance request and items noted on the condition report will not be actioned. Please refer to the maintenance section of this form on how to report maintenance.

Upkeep of Property/ Disposal of Rubbish Etc

Where applicable, the upkeep of the gardens and grounds are your responsibility. Please do not store unnecessary paper, rubbish, bottles, cans etc. on or around the premises.

Picture Hooks, 3m Adhesive and Blu Tac

Installation of Picture Hooks and/or 3M Adhesive Hooks and similar must only be done with the rental provider written permission. Please ensure ‘Blu Tac’ is not used on any surface of the premises.

Services / Utilities

There are many companies like Connect Now that will assist you with connecting all your utilities expertly and efficiently so you can spend your valuable time looking after the unpacking, the kids, and getting set up. Just ask our property management team for details

One phone call will see all your utilities transferred to your new address expertly and efficiently. They will keep you informed, and you can spend your valuable time looking after the unpacking, the kids and getting set up. Just ask our property management team for details.

Once we set the wheels in motion, they will be in contact with you to verify your identity and can even organise your water account, if water is separately metered.

  • Water Mains
  • Gas Mains
  • Electricity Mains meter box

Your Property Manager will attempt to make sure the main switch for power is in the OFF position before you move in however cannot take any responsibility if this is not done.

Ending Your Tenancy

If you wish to vacate at the end of your fixed term agreement or if you are on a month by month tenancy, you MUST provide our office with 28 days’ notice in writing, this may be in the form of a letter or email. If you have not had a response from your Property Manager within 2 business days then please follow up to ensure your notice has been received by our office. Once you have given notice, your Property Manager will contact you to arrange open for inspections at the property if the property is being re-leased. All keys must be handed in on your vacate date along with a carpet cleaning receipt and forwarding address. You must arrange for all utilities to be disconnected and switch the mains switch into the OFF position and this should not be done until we have completed and finalised the bond refund with yourselves.


Please refer to our site for a more detailed explanation. All non-urgent maintenance must be reported in writing (with our preference via email), urgent repairs can be called through. The Property Manager will then need to seek authorisation from the rental provider before any maintenance is attended to. Damage or flooding caused by dishwashers, washing machines or any other appliances left operating whilst not in attendance is the renter’s liability. You cannot rely on machines not becoming faulty during operation and the rental provider cannot be held responsible for lack of supervision.

When You First Move In

Please complete your property condition report.  If you would like to request any maintenance, please fill out a separate maintenance request form provided in your commencement pack and return it with your condition report or alternatively email your Property Manager the required maintenance issues. The Condition Report is not a maintenance request. Please allow a settling in period before reporting any non-urgent maintenance as you may notice several items that require attention only a few days apart.